Edinburgh Airport (EDI)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
Conveniently close to the city centre, Edinburgh Airport (EDI) is located next to the A8, which runs right past the facility.
Also within close proximity are the M8 and M9 motorways, together with the A90 (Queensferry Road), and the A720 (City of Edinburgh Bypass).
Next to the airport you will find Newbridge and Kirkliston to the west, Ingliston and Ratho to the south, and the Turnhouse Golf Club to the east. Directly north of Edinburgh Airport are Queensferry, Dalmeny and the Barnbougle Castle, next to the coastline.
Directions to Edinburgh Airport (EDI) from the north:
Directions to Edinburgh Airport (EDI) from the south:
- The A90 crosses the Firth of Forth and joins the A8000 and the M9 motorway
- Continue south on the M9 and take the Newbridge exit onto the A8
- From the A8, head north on Eastfield Road
Directions to Edinburgh Airport (EDI) from the east:
- From the south, the M74 motoway heads towards Glasgow and joins the M8
- Drive east along the M8, exiting onto the M9 north at the Newbridge exit
- Take the A8 at the Newbridge exit and follow signs for the airport
Directions to Edinburgh Airport (EDI) from the west:
- The A720 bypasses Edinburgh from the east and links with the A8
- Join the A8 west towards the M9 motorway and then head north on Eastfield Road for the airport
- The M9 motorway comes into the city from the west
- Exit onto the A8 at the Newbridge exit
- From the M8 Glasgow motorway, head north along the M9 before exiting onto the A8
The M8 and the M9 motorways can become quite busy during morning and evening rush hours, as can the A8 and A800 main roads running to Edinburgh and the Firth of Forth Bridge respectively. Allow more time if you are travelling to the airport at these times of the day.
Edinburgh Airport (EDI): Virtual Google Maps